Hello again 👋
I passed CKAD exam last week and here are some takeways
- It is not about prep, it is about how much do you know kubernetes (at the Developer level) and how much do you understand its different concepts.
- The exam is not hard, in the contrary if you know your Kubernetes, it is the best way to validate you skills and knowledge. It is worth every penny in that sense.
- You should know how to use a Unix shell (Bash) and also Vim. You should be able to navigate through the filesystem, create files delete files, also know how to edit text using vim.
- You should be familiar with Kubernetes docs (in particular the kubectl cheat sheet page), and know where to find things. You can use this bookmark list for your chrome.
- The LF gives 2 killer.sh CKAD simulated exams. I took one, didn’t have a good score, but it helped me to know what to expect.
- Take your time to read the questions! And if you don’t know the answer flag the question and move on!
- Learn kubectl imperative commands (run, expose. create …), and keep in mind that you can copy-paste from docs.
- You have 2 tries, so don’t worry.
- Use a mouse or a touchpad with the middle button, it will make your life easier, since the terminal does not support copy-paste with (CTRL-C, CTRL-V). You can use CTRL-SHIFT-C and CTRL-SHIFT-V but I prefer not to, to avoid triggering browser keyboard shortcuts.